Python hackathon ideas

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 21:20:55 EDT 2014

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 4:54 AM, Claudiu Popa <pcmanticore at gmail.com> wrote:
> - Python 2 only (and we'll try to port them to Python 3)
>
> I know about Python 3 Wall of superpowers, but most of the Python 2
> only projects seems too big
> for us to tackle in one day.

I suspect that, by now, any Py2 projects that could be ported to Py3
in one day have already been ported, or else nobody cares about them.

Generally, the best way to find a project to contribute to is to find
one that you actively and personally use. Dig into it and find
something that makes you go "Wow, I didn't know you could do that with
it!", and there's a chance for a docs patch. Or dig through the bug
tracker and confirm some bugs; that's more useful than a lot of people
realize. "Bug occurs on X with Y and Z... let's see if it happens for
me too."

ChrisA