Teaching python to non-programmers

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Apr 13 19:54:02 EDT 2014

On 13/04/2014 23:51, Rhodri James wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Apr 2014 21:20:05 +0100, <pete.bee.emm at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thursday, April 10, 2014 3:40:22 PM UTC-7, Rhodri James wrote:
>>> It's called irony, and unfortunately Mark is reacting to an
>>> all-to-common
>>> situation that GoogleGroups foists on unsuspecting posters like
>>> yourself.
>>
>> People who say "I can't be bothered to correct this" while posting a
>> wise a$$ correction are just trolling, probably not funny in real life
>> either. I think if you're going to wise off than be witty about it,
>> otherwise just a terse reference to a link.
>
> 99% of the time, Mark is the one to make a brief comment with the link I
> gave you.  And often gets roundly condemned for daring to suggest that
> GG is not a shining beacon of perfection, for clearly the rest of us are
> complaining out of jealousy.  See my previous comments about straws and
> camels' backs.  Also irony.

The world will now breath a sigh of relief as I've set up my Thunderbird
filters to discard all of the double spaced crap that arrives from gg,
hence the amount that I see to complain about will be minimised.  This
has the added advantage of discarding the blatant lies that our resident
unicode expert sprouts about Python, but the powers that be deem fit not
to take any action over.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence

---