python obfuscate

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Fri Apr 11 12:27:27 EDT 2014

On 2014-04-11, Sturla Molden <sturla.molden at gmail.com> wrote:
> alister <alister.nospam.ware at ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>> Concentrate on making the product (even) better rather than trying to
>> hide the unhideable.
>
> I think the number one reason for code obfuscation is an ignorant
> boss.
>
> Another reason might be to avoid the shame of showing crappy code to
> the customer.

Another reason I've heard of is to try to reduce support efforts.

If you distribute something that's easy to modify, then people will.

And when it doesn't work, they'll call tech support and waste
everybody's time trying to track down bugs that aren't actually _in_
the product you're shipping.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! In Newark the
                                  at               laundromats are open 24