python obfuscate

Sturla Molden sturla.molden at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 12:13:47 EDT 2014

Mark H Harris <harrismh777 at gmail.com> wrote:

>     This is the age of open source in computer science.
>
>     It is far better to develop a strategy and culture of openness.
> Everyone benefits; especially your customers. I recommend the GPLv3
> license. I also advocate for copyleft.

I would not use GPL in a commercial product, but "Open Source" might still
be beneficial. E.g. one can get better feedback and even bug fixes or code
improvements from customers and other interested parties. It is a win-win
situation. If I ran a software business (I don't currently do), I would
gladly discount customers or pay anyone who help to improve my software.
Open Source does not mean that software has to be free, that copyright is
lost, or that copyleft is implied.

Sturla