Teaching python to non-programmers

Rustom Mody rustompmody at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 01:54:23 EDT 2014

On Friday, April 11, 2014 11:12:14 AM UTC+5:30, Rustom Mody wrote:
> On Friday, April 11, 2014 10:41:26 AM UTC+5:30, Chris Angelico wrote:
> > Also unhelpful is to suggest that norms should, simply *because* they
> > are the prevailing practice, be maintained. Even if everyone else on
> > python-list top-posted, I would still bottom-post and trim. "Normal"
> > is not a justification.
>
> Ok no argument here.
> On the python list that is the norm.
> Most people who are first timers have no clue about that norm.

Just to make it clear:
1. I have no objection to the python list culture.
  As I said I tend to follow it in places where it is not the norm and get
  chided for it
  [For the record on other groups which are exclusively GG/gmail based Ive been
  told that because I am geek/nerd I do it in a strange way]
2. Nor to people getting irritated with others not following it and telling
   them off

What I am pointing out is that if one gets so besotted with irritation as to
lose coherence, its unlikely that any useful communication will ensue.