threading

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Fri Apr 11 01:35:37 EDT 2014

On Fri, 11 Apr 2014 01:51:41 +0200, Sturla Molden wrote:

> On 10/04/14 21:44, Marko Rauhamaa wrote:
>> I'm happy that asyncio is
>> happening after all these long years. It would be nice if it supported
>> edge-triggered wakeups, but I suppose that isn't supported in all
>> operating systems.
>
> I have an issue with the use of coroutines. I think they are to evil.

They are to evil ... as what? To evil as chalk is to cheese? Black is to
white? Bees are to honey?

I think coroutines are awesome, but like all advanced concepts, sometimes
they can be abused, and sometimes they are hard to understand not because
they are hard to understand in and of themselves, but because they are
being used to do something inherently complicated.

> When a man like David Beazley says this
>
>     https://twitter.com/dabeaz/status/440214755764994048
>
> there is something crazy going on.

Good lord!!! David Beazley has been consumed by the Dark Side and uses
Twitter??? There certainly is something crazy going on!

--
Steven D'Aprano
http://import-that.dreamwidth.org/