Plotting the integer-and-fraction remainder of a function value modulo 360

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Apr 10 03:13:57 EDT 2014

Kim Plofker <kim_plofker at yahoo.com> writes:

> This produces the following error message:

Thank you for providing an actual code example (though not one I can
run, since it isn't a complete Python program).

Particularly, thank you for providing the *actual* error output; this
makes it much clearer what is happening.

It's always best to show the complete error output since usually there
are details in the output that narrow down the problem.

> TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for %:
> 'sage.symbolic.expression.Expression' and
> 'sage.symbolic.expression.Expression'

This is indeed a problem specific to the types defined by Sage. You'll
need to start a discussion in a Sage-specific discussion forum.

> Many thanks again for any help.

You will likely still need assistance with Python to continue with this.
Once you have a better idea what part is Sage-specific and what part is
general Python, feel free to ask here.

Or if you prefer, there is a beginner-level Python discussion forum at
<URL:https://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/tutor>.

--
 \       “Know what I hate most? Rhetorical questions.” —Henry N. Camp |
Ben Finney