[OFF-TOPIC] How do I find a mentor when no one I work with knows what they are doing?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Apr 9 00:29:50 EDT 2014

On 4/8/2014 12:44 PM, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

> http://michaelochurch.wordpress.com/2012/04/13/java-shop-politics/

Thank you for posting this. I read several more. I especially found this
interesting:

http://michaelochurch.wordpress.com/2012/08/26/xwp-vs-jap/

in which he concludes that one route to becoming a good programmer is to
not be a programmer. It seems that being a 'statistician who programs'
was a better gig, comparitively speaking, than I realized at the time.

Another way to work on high level projects is to volunteer on an open
source project.

--
Terry Jan Reedy