[OFF-TOPIC] How do I find a mentor when no one I work with knows what they are doing?

Wolfgang Keller feliphil at gmx.net
Tue Apr 8 14:10:44 EDT 2014

> Things I'm interested include contributing to both Python and Django,
> database design and data modeling,

Django is made by people who definitely don't know what they're doing.

https://code.djangoproject.com/wiki/MultipleColumnPrimaryKeys

Open the index to any half-decent database design textbook, look for
the term "overlapping foreign keys" and learn why surrogate keys are a
non-starter.

One answer to the subject line would be: Learn to judge the competence
of people by asking a few "litmus" questions. The above mentioned issue
is one personal "litmus" question I ask anyone who pretends to have a
clue of database design and database applications.

Sincerely,

Wolfgang