[OFF-TOPIC] How do I find a mentor when no one I work with knows what they are doing?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 13:36:13 EDT 2014

On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 3:25 AM, Steven D'Aprano
> Now be kind! It's not that Chris' code was bad, but obviously Pike is
> such a rubbish language that it's all but untranslatable...
>
> :-P

Now that's completely not true! Translating Pike into PHP is by
definition easy. Look:

// Pike code:
int x = (1==2) ? 3 : 4;

# PHP code:
$x = (1==2) ? 3 : 4;

# Python code:
x = 3 if 1==2 else 4

See? Python is just arbitrarily different! The ?: operator is
fundamental to so much of programming, and Python has to go and break
it!

(*Stop* trolling you?!? But this is getting-trolled-on-the-head
lessons... anyway, you started it...)

ChrisA