threading

alister alister.nospam.ware at ntlworld.com
Tue Apr 8 07:07:28 EDT 2014

> My personal feeling is that asynchronous i/o is mostly useful on 32-bit
> systems, and the problem it actually solves is the limited virtual
> address space. On a 64 bit system we can just throw more RAM at it and
> threads be fine.

As my only professional coding experience has been with embedded 8 bit
processors with limited resources i naturally abhorrent to the process of
"Just throw more RAM (Or any other resource for that matter)at it".

It is my personal opinion that the quality of code has diminished
steadily as physical limitations on the programmer have been reduced, of
course I could be wrong so I would like to here other peoples views on
this.