If statement issue driving me nuts

Gary Herron gary.herron at islandtraining.com
Sun Apr 6 02:23:46 EDT 2014

On 04/05/2014 09:58 PM, Anthony Smith wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a small project and I have been unable to get the following statement to work. Any help would great.
> User inputs can either self_sale_head which is a $ value,if a $ value is not add a self.estimated_weight_hd is used to get the total weight,
> the code below should return a estimated_weight_total which can be used for the total sale price.
> All works when I add the estimated_weight_total manually. I am lost as why.
>
> def calc_estimated_weight_total(self):
>      if self.sale_head <= 0:
>          amount = (self.number * self.estimated_weight_hd)
>          return amount
>
> def save(self):
>      self.estimated_total_weight = self.calc_estimated_weight_total()
>      super(SaleNote, self).save()

You'll have to be more informative than that.

Exactly what does "unable to get the following statement to work" mean?
What did you do to try to get it to work?  What did you get instead?  If
there was a traceback, please include it in an email.

While you're at it, please also tell us what version of Python, and on
what hardware you are running -- just in case that matters.

Gary Herron