Explanation of this Python language feature? [x for x in x for x in x] (to flatten a nested list)

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sat Apr 5 07:20:24 EDT 2014

On 4/5/2014 6:19 AM, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

> Oh, I dare say that when the core developers finally announce Python 2.7
> is end-of-lifed, probably in another five or so years,

Bug fixing will end in May/June 2015 with 2.7.8, maybe 2.7.9. It will
probably start tapering off before that on the basis that fixes may
break working code that has worked around bugs. I am not sure how long I
will backport Idle patches.

Code-only security patches after that? Undecided. I think PEP 466
defines what the focus will be -- keeping 2.7 web apps from becoming bad
internet citizens.

--
Terry Jan Reedy