Explanation of this Python language feature? [x for x in x for x in x] (to flatten a nested list)

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sat Apr 5 01:29:57 EDT 2014

> I would suggest that the more prolific posters are going to be those
> who use Python more (and thus it's worth investing more time in),
> which is going to skew the post stats towards the professional end of
> the spectrum.

It's also plausible that the more prolific posters are those who spend
*less* time actually coding, and instead spend their free time being
prolific in this forum.

Other explanations are plausible. Any of them could be contributing
factors in any mixture.

Without actual data – which neither of us has on this matter – all of
these hypotheses are unfounded speculation. Let's not draw any
conclusions in the absence of evidence.

--
 \     “I went to the cinema, it said ‘Adults: $5.00, Children $2.50’. |
  `\          So I said ‘Give me two boys and a girl.’” —Steven Wright |