Explanation of this Python language feature? [x for x in x for x in x] (to flatten a nested list)

Mark H Harris harrismh777 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 00:18:51 EDT 2014

On 4/4/14 10:04 PM, Terry Reedy wrote:
> I am a core developer and I am 99.99% sure that the core developers will
> not produce a CPython 2.8. For one thing we will likely do instead, see
> http://legacy.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0466/

Thanks Terry. The back-port sounds great; I find the "Rejected
alternatives" interesting. I think this must be where I was getting the
gist that 2.8 might be an option--- just all the discussion that went on
trying to figure out what to do with the security issues.

I notice a good bit on unicode there too.

marcus