Explanation of this Python language feature? [x for x in x for x in x] (to flatten a nested list)

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri Apr 4 23:04:50 EDT 2014

On 4/4/2014 6:07 PM, Mark H Harris wrote:
> On 4/4/14 4:50 PM, Mark Lawrence wrote:
>
>> You could answer all of the above for yourself if you were to use your
>> favourite search engine.
>
> hi Mark, yeah, condescending as that is, been there done that.

Since there *are* people who use python-list as a substitute, it does
not hurt to mention searches done, the result, along with what you still
want to know.

>     Its always better to get a straight answer from the core people than
> to rely on rumors and fork discussions found on google.

I am a core developer and I am 99.99% sure that the core developers will
not produce a CPython 2.8. For one thing we will likely do instead, see
http://legacy.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0466/

--
Terry Jan Reedy