Explanation of this Python language feature? [x for x in x for x in x] (to flatten a nested list)

Mark H Harris harrismh777 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 18:52:06 EDT 2014

On 4/4/14 5:39 PM, Chris Angelico wrote:
> Yes, because python-list responses are *so* much more reliable than
> official statements on python.org,

{/sarcasm off}

... from some responders. The discussion following such posts is also
*much* more valuable, too.  IMHO

Python.org is the political place to start; but its not much good after
that, in regards the forking of 2.7 --> 2.8

As Ian points out, you can't expect a complete migration on the PSF
schedule (2->3), because of the fear|panic  of a fork. So,
comp.lang.python is the best place to find out where the Cpython
community is, and where they expect to go (for that discussion).

I realize that many of Cpython's user-base will never read
comp.lang.python, and then the Internet is an open field for trying to
discern where 'they' are at, and where 'they' want to go.

What I'm trying to say is that I tap many resources (comp.lang.python is
just one of them) and I'm going to tap that source even though I also
tap the Internet with a google search (and others).

Eeyore doesn't like to be bugged, by double line spaces, nor by
questions. What's the point of having a comp.lang.python news list if
its not open for simple questions of opinion?  Yes, I know google is my
friend.   Comp.lang.python should be my friend too.

(and others)

marcus