segmentation fault, executable python file

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 04:57:33 EDT 2014

On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 7:36 PM,  <fanny at itprovent.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I generated an executable python file using cxfreeze.
> I run that file, it runs fine.
> But when I run it on another PC, it don't run. I try to it via terminal, and it says "Segmentation fault(core dump)". I try again run it with sudo, it says nothing and nothing happend.
>
> Could any of you please let me know how to fix this?

Freezing a Python script into a binary requires matching all sorts of
things, including the word size (32-bit or 64-bit), most likely the
versions of various shared libraries, and possibly other
compatibilities as well. What are the two computers? I'm guessing your
second one is some kind of Unix, but that's as much as I can tell.

ChrisA