UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xb6 in position 0: invalid start byte

Νίκος nikos.gr33k at gmail.com
Sun Sep 29 03:59:50 EDT 2013

Στις 29/9/2013 10:53 πμ, ο/η Chris Angelico έγραψε:
> On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 5:49 PM, Νίκος <nikos.gr33k at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello although my code is correct just today i saw this in the error_log
>
> You retain this ridiculous arrogance that your code is somehow
> "correct", despite the problems you continually face. Do not these
> problems prove that your code is NOT correct?
>
> ChrisA

You fail to understand that these code i now use was written with the
help of regulars here and yes its correct.

As i said in my previous post i already identified that the problem was
at the error handling.

Since this is not a socket.gaierror it wants:

except Exception as e: ?

i just tried it and now it works.

but then again why the:    UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't
decode byte 0xb6 in position 0: invalid start byte

when it comes to determine the 'host' ?