Download all youtube favorites with youtube-dl script

Thomas Kandler hallo at thomaskandler.net
Fri Sep 27 03:27:55 EDT 2013

On 26.09.2013 17:13, Bill wrote:
> I have been using the script youtube-dl http://rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/
>
> And I was wondering if there is a way to download all of a user's
> favorites or uploads.
>
> The script has a functionality to download all videos in a txt file. So
> if there is a way using the youtube API or JSON (none of which I am
> familiar with) to bring up a list of all these videos then it'd be a
> simple case putting these urls into a file.
>
> The problem is youtube displays favorites or user uploads in pages or
> infinite scroll. So it is difficult to access them by the BeautifulSoup
> module.
>

> What do you suggest?

Regarding the uploads: most profiles do have something called 'Popular
Uploads' or 'Recent Uploads'. Hover with the mouse over the link, a
'play'-Button appears, click it, copy the URL (should have a &list
parameter), paste the URL in youtube-dl (or a txt-file) and it will
fetch all videos.

I am not sure if this works for favorites, too, but that's the way I do it.