Handling 3 operands in an expression without raising an exception

Joel Goldstick joel.goldstick at gmail.com
Sun Sep 29 12:07:39 EDT 2013

On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 11:28 AM, giacomo boffi <pecore at pascolo.net> wrote:

> Νίκος <nikos.gr33k at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > IF it can also be written in one-line
>
> def f(x,n,w):return(lambda
> y=f(x[::2],n/2,w[::2]),z=f(x[1::2],n/2,w[::2]):reduce(lambda
> x,y:x+y,zip(*[(y[k]+w[k]*z[k],y[k]-w[k]*z[k]) for k in range(n/2)])))()if
> n>1 else x
>
> --
> anch'io la penso come me, ma                     -- SteO153, in IHC
> --

I've been reading along and learning some really obscure coding patterns.
The missing part is the why.
Antoon asks:

Why? What is so important about this particular way, that you are
willing to spend/waste so much time on it?

This question goes completely unnoticed.  In the big picture this seems to
be the pattern.  Nikos asks a question that shows fundamental flaws in his
understanding of a problem.  People probe to understand what he really
wants.  He ignores everything except little coding snippets, and requests
different choices on and on.  Its like a fussy shopper wanting to see
endless dresses, and in the end choosing none.  I don't think any of Nikos
questions have anything to do with finding an answer, because if you dig
deeper into the questions they end up being only red herrings.

As I pointed out yesterday he still hasn't fixed the fact that his python
files on his server are set with permissions to read the code which
contains passwords in plain text.  That was the big drama from June

So, Antoon, I think the question is why are 'we' wasting so much time.
Nikos is just the orchestrator.  He isn't wasting any time.  He isn't doing
anything.

Here's my question:  I wonder if Nikos has ever been employed to write
software.  If so, I wonder how long he lasted before he was let go.  And I
feel bad for the guy who had to support his code!

--
Joel Goldstick
http://joelgoldstick.com