Handling 3 operands in an expression without raising an exception

Joel Goldstick joel.goldstick at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 12:15:52 EDT 2013

On Sat, Sep 28, 2013 at 9:53 AM, Antoon Pardon <antoon.pardon at rece.vub.ac.be
> wrote:

> Op 28-09-13 00:06, Νίκος schreef:
>
>  Στις 27/9/2013 8:00 μμ, ο/η Grant Edwards έγραψε:
>>
>>> On 2013-09-27, ?????????? <nikos.gr33k at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>  Sure your method follows the the logic in a straighforward way
>>>>

>>> Does your provider charge you per line of code?
>>>
>>> If all that matters is the number of lines of code then use this:
>>>
>>>    city,host = 0,0
>>>
>>> Only _1_ nice short line of code.
>>>
>>> Happy?
>>>

>> Well to tell the truth no matter what you say to me if something can be
>> written in less lines than another implementation but still retain its
>> simplicity and straightforward logic behind it i would prefer it!
>> I don't know why you think otherwise, especially people who are used to
>> write Perl code(me being one of them) would agree with me!
>>

> The problem is, as it stands you seem to make it a priority to write
> compact code over correct code, wasting everybody's time.
>
> If you hadn't been insisting on trying to reduce the number of lines
> of the various given proposals, you might already have a working
> solution and be working on something else.
>
> As it is all your attempts to reduce the number of lines while retaining
> its simplicity and straightforward logic behind it have only resulted in
> you producing code that didn't work.
>
> People like you who judge code in one language by how much it resembles
> code in an other language are like people who used to work with glue but
> need to work with hammer and nails for some reason and are surprised
> they just can't subtituted nails for glue and fail to see they may have
> to rethink the design. So they just keep trying glue solutions with
> nails and every nail solution that is offered by people who have
> experience with nails, they will adapt until it looks like it could be
> a glue solution. In the mean time all these glue solutions fail and
> much time is wasted.
>

> --
> Antoon Pardon
>
> --
machine -- don't think he reads or understands or has any interest in
understanding what people here explain to him.  This whole goofy exercise
is to try to figure out where the visitor to the website come from -- the
geo ip stuff, etc.  Now back last month there was another endless thread
where is was pointed out that you can't really be sure where someone is
reading from.

Next we'll get more questions about how to screw up unicode, and how to
write code that deals with apache and linux shell with the caveat that the
OP has no interesting in learning how those things work.  He just wants the
one  line.

Troll is maybe too respectable a label to put on this guy.

--
Joel Goldstick
http://joelgoldstick.com