Handling 3 operands in an expression without raising an exception

Νίκος nikos.gr33k at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 09:23:53 EDT 2013

Στις 28/9/2013 1:19 μμ, ο/η Chris Angelico έγραψε:

No we didn't have said this. if you are referring to this:

ipval = ( os.environ.get('HTTP_CF_CONNECTING_IP') or
os.environ.get('REMOTE_ADDR', "Cannot Resolve") )
city = "Άγνωστη Πόλη"
host = "Άγνωστη Προέλευση"
try:
	gi = pygeoip.GeoIP('/usr/local/share/GeoIPCity.dat')
	city = gi.time_zone_by_addr( ipval )
	host = socket.gethostbyaddr( ipval ) [0]
except socket.gaierror as e:
	print( "metrites.py => (%s): " % lastvisit, repr( sys.exc_info() ),
file=open('/tmp/err.out', 'w') )

this is not the case, because we want the string to beassigned to the
variables in the except clause not before the try/except block.

And in 1-liner after the except: too, and value must take only which var
has failed to be assigned one from within try.