Handling 3 operands in an expression without raising an exception

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Thu Sep 26 04:47:59 EDT 2013

On 26/09/2013 09:41, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 6:12 PM, Jussi Piitulainen
> <jpiitula at ling.helsinki.fi> wrote:
>> Do you know that you can ask for help({}.get) or help(dict.get) or
>> even help(os.environ.get) during such an interactive Python session,
>> and Python (unlike Macbeth's spirits from the vasty deep) will answer?
>
> Speak, Python, speak!
> We're all attention.
> The news we seek
> This moment mention!

I remember when I saw that in a production in Altrincham, the Prince
threw off his cloak dramatically to step forward-- and the clasp caught
on some part of his costume, reducing the effect somewhat as the cloak
dragged along behind. (In the end some other cast member came forward
and just ripped it free).

[G&S The Gondoliers, for those who weren't following along]

TJG