Handling 3 operands in an expression without raising an exception

Antoon Pardon antoon.pardon at rece.vub.ac.be
Thu Sep 26 06:01:28 EDT 2013

Op 26-09-13 11:31, Νίκος schreef:
> Στις 26/9/2013 12:07 μμ, ο/η Antoon Pardon έγραψε:
>> Experiment and find out for yourself. That is the only way you will
>> acquire the experience and understanding you need. Sure we could
>> spoon feed you the line you need, but that will only result in you
>> using that line without any understanding of what you are doing so
>> that if in a few months time something goes wrong, you again will
>> have no understanding of what goes on and still will have no clue
>> on how to handle a problem.
>
> I have tried code and also provided alternative code to solve my problem
> which also doesn't solve it.

Have you tried with some kind of understanding of what you are doing or
did you just tried variations of examples you saw somewhere?

> So, you cannot accuse me that i'm not trying, that would be the case to
> just ask for a line without trying anything for myself, which i did twice.

That seems totally insufficient.

> Then i got entirely stuck and i had to ask to get unstuck.

That is your problem. You are putting all your energy in trying to
get unstuck instead of in learning so that you gain enough understanding
to get yourself unstuck.

> Also when a solution is being provided to me i do not only want to use
> it but want to understand too, so if something similar comes up i will
> be in a position to solve it that time.

You have shown no evidence that this is how you operate in reality. You
like to paint yourself like this, but in reality people still have to
explain to you that when you encouter a syntax error, you may have to
look at previous lines, while that was already explained to you a
number of times. You have a history of coming with the same kind of
problem than previous once that were solved and explained to you.

--
Antoon Pardon