Referrer key missing form os.environ dictionary?

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Thu Sep 26 10:16:08 EDT 2013

On 2013-09-26, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 11:32 AM, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
>> Since CGI uses stdout for the finished product, it could have used stdin for
>> the input.
>
> Haven't used CGI in years, but I thought POST data came on stdin?

Yes.  The user data is read via stdin.  The stuff passed via the
environemnt "dictionary" is meta-data (stuff from the HTTP request
headers, and stuff synthesized by the HTTP server).

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! !  Now I understand
                                  at               advanced MICROBIOLOGY and