Referrer key missing form os.environ dictionary?

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Sep 25 21:32:49 EDT 2013

1993 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Gateway_Interface

> Mind you, I'm not sure what other alternatives exist.

Send a series of lines with the same info over an input channel, as was
done 3 years later for FastCGI. Since CGI uses stdout for the finished
product, it could have used stdin for the input. Using a serial channel
does put more burden on the page server to parse the input. But is
allows it to be on a different machine.

--
Terry Jan Reedy