Help with python functions?

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Mon Sep 23 09:11:25 EDT 2013

In article <e484b709-1287-4e6a-bc43-05f02a608579 at googlegroups.com>,
 kjakupak at gmail.com wrote:

> 1.a. Write a function temp(T, from_unit, to_unit) where from_unit and to_unit
> are temperature units, either 'F' (or 'f') for fahrenheit, or 'C' (or 'c')
> for celsius, or 'K' (or 'k') for kelvin; and T is a temperature number for
> the unit from_unit. The function should return the temperature number in the
> unit to to_unit; no unit is returned. [input(...) and print(...) are not
> allowed]

We don't do people's homework for them.

But, I'll give you a hint.  Forget about doing this in python.  Write
down the steps you would take to do this problem with pencil and paper.
That really is how you begin any programming problem; understanding the
algorithm you need to execute.  The rest is, as Mozart said, just
scribbling.