building an online judge to evaluate Python programs

John Gordon gordon at panix.com
Fri Sep 20 15:34:02 EDT 2013

In <mailman.196.1379702349.18130.python-list at python.org> Jabba Laci <jabba.laci at gmail.com> writes:

> Let's take this simple exercise:

> "Write a function that receives a list and decides whether the list is
> sorted or not."

> Here the output of the function is either True or False, so I cannot
> test it with my current method.

Make a master input file and a master output file for each exercise.  If
the student program's output matches the master output when run from the
master input, then it is correct.

--
John Gordon                   A is for Amy, who fell down the stairs
gordon at panix.com              B is for Basil, assaulted by bears