Antispam measures circumventing

Jugurtha Hadjar jugurtha.hadjar at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 06:10:13 EDT 2013

On 09/20/2013 08:02 PM, Joel Goldstick wrote:

> Last year I was playing around with django forms and wrote some code
> that required the user to add some numbers before the form was
> submitted. Here is the article:
> http://www.joelgoldstick.com/blog/2012/sep/30/django-forms/
>
> This isn't exactly what you are asking, but it does give you a change to
> let someone send you mail without giving out your email address.

Still interesting. Anything to fight spam. I was thinking more about
when your e-mail address is out there (in mailing lists, for example).

Some lists do the effort to at least do the (dot) and (at) kung fu to
hide your address to a certain degree. Others just put it as a
low-hanging fruit, in ole' plain text, ready to harvest.

I joined my e-mail address in the code comment, that's why I was
thinking that way.

> With the onslaught of social media stuff, it feels like sites like
> linked in and anything that uses gmail want to get you to give away your
> email address, and perhaps give access to everyone in your lists. So,
> I'm suggesting its really a loosing battle.

You don't say! There's a Firefox add-on called "Collusion" that shows
how websites exchange your data between them and let me tell you: It's
not reassuring.

--
~Jugurtha Hadjar,