Making it a MultiThread!

Piet van Oostrum piet at vanoostrum.org
Tue Sep 24 07:28:11 EDT 2013

stas poritskiy <stascrash at gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks for getting back to me, so i assume it is OK to have a very
> very long file? The sample code i posted here is basically the
> barebones of the main app.
> so, combining the GUI-file(gui.py) with main code is acceptable?
> Separating them into modules was initially the attempt to keep things
> in order.

Keeping things in separate modules is still OK. Just don't use circular
imports. Keeping the logic of your applcation and the GUI in separate
files is usually a good idea. And make sure the dependencies between the
modules are simple. Very, very long files usually are not a good idea.

Also you imported multiprocessing through anothe module. This obscures
the structure of the application, and is unnecesary. You should only
access a module through another module if you add a layer of abstraction
that makes it easier or more powerful.
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet at vanoostrum.org>
WWW: http://pietvanoostrum.com/