Making it a MultiThread!

stas poritskiy stascrash at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 08:56:16 EDT 2013

Hello All!

I have a general question,
i was posting here earlier while trying to troubleshoot a few things while developing an application, i was able to hit all of my goals, and make things work! Thank you all who contributed to my research, and again, sorry for poor formatting of the threads, i am slowly learning;)

I am working on integration of multiple GUI (Tkinter) elements, such a progress bar, label update, etc, and throughout my research i discovered that i need to have Threading modules used to distribute the calls for GUI update and processing of my main App.

My Application is broken into multiple Classes(modules), and i wanted to hear your thought on the best practices to implement the Threading model.

I was thinking to create a new py-module, and reference all other modules/class to it, and create thread.start() objects, that would execute the GUI part, other will handle GUI Updates, and other - will be doing the processing.

Please share some of your thought on this approach, or maybe you may suggest a more effective way.
thanks !