Missing py2exe, needed 4 a gcode generator to engrave text in fancy ttf fonts in steel

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Fri Sep 20 09:11:31 EDT 2013

On Friday 20 September 2013 08:48:44 Chris Angelico did opine:

> On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 3:14 PM, Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:
> > Can someone take a look at
> >
> > <http://www.scorchworks.com/Fengrave/fengrave_setup.html#linux_fengrav
> > e>
> >
> > Then this is what I get:
> > gene at coyote:~/src/F-Engrave-1.22_src$ python py2exe_setup.py
> >
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "py2exe_setup.py", line 4, in <module>
> >
> >     import py2exe
> >
> > ImportError: No module named py2exe
> >
> > And tell me how to fix this so it runs on an older linux box?
>
> The page you link to doesn't mention py2exe anywhere. Where did you
> get that you need to run that command?
>
> ChrisA

From the example command to run the setup, a short script:
gene at coyote:~/src/F-Engrave-1.22_src$ cat py2exe_setup.py
#run this from the command line: python py2exe_setup.py py2exe

from distutils.core import setup
import py2exe

setup(
    options = {"py2exe": {"compressed": 1, "optimize": 0, } },
    zipfile = None,
    console=[{"script":"f-engrave-122.py","icon_resources":
[(0,"fengrave.ico"),(0,"fengrave.ico")]}]

As shown on the setup page accompanying this

<http://www.scorchworks.com/Fengrave/fengrave.html#download>, lower left of
the list at the top of the page.  Supposedly by using the src, I can build
it with TTF support, which is missing from the file offered in the right
most python only column.  All the other checks and tests on the setup page
work, and all the other dependencies appear to have been met.

The setup file itself I find, shouldn't have been included in the zip
without a README.linux that says to skip it.

The shipped fengrave-122.py actually runs but is not finding any fonts.
There s/b quite a few installed since I have used TrueTypeTracer
extensively before.  But I may have my machines mixed, and the computer
running the milling machine is probably where I did all that.

I haven't had my morning coffee yet, so I am ill equipt to do more ATM.

Thank you.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
My web page: <http://gene.homelinux.net:6309/gene> should be up!

Seize the day, put no trust in the morrow!
		-- Quintus Horatius Flaccus (Horace)
         law-abiding citizens.