Using the MSI installer on Windows: Setting PATH and Setuptools

cython at m.allo.ws cython at m.allo.ws
Thu Sep 19 16:31:43 EDT 2013

On Thursday, September 19, 2013 4:06:56 PM UTC-4, Skip Montanaro wrote:

> I am not a Windows person, but wouldn't pip do the trick?

PIP would definitely do the trick. Does the MSI include PIP? If it does not include PIP, then how can I easily install it from the command line? I am looking for something like this:

wget https://pip.org/install/install_pip.py
python install_pip.py

This is totally theoretical. wget doesn't work, the URL is made up, and install_pip.py is a fantasy of mine. ez_setup.py DOES exist for Setuptools, which is why I am trying to use it.

Thank you,

Zak