iterating over a file with two pointers

nikhil Pandey nikhilpandey90 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 08:07:58 EDT 2013

On Wednesday, September 18, 2013 4:51:51 PM UTC+5:30, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 9:12 PM, nikhil Pandey <nikhilpandey90 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > hi,
>
> > I want to iterate over the lines of a file and when i find certain lines, i need another loop starting from the next of that "CERTAIN" line till a few (say 20) lines later.
>
> > so, basically i need two pointers to lines (one for outer loop(for each line in file)) and one for inner loop. How can i do that in python?
>
> > please help. I am stuck up on this.
>

> After the inner loop finishes, do you want to go back to where the
>
> outer loop left off, or should the outer loop continue from the point
>
> where the inner loop stopped? In other words, do you want to locate
>
> overlapping sections, or not? Both are possible, but the solutions
>
> will look somewhat different.
>

> ChrisA

Hi Chris,
After the inner loop finishes, I want to go back to the next line from where the outer loop was left i.e the lines of the inner loop will be traversed again in the outer loop.
1>>I iterate over lines of the file
2>> when i find a match in a certain line, i start another loop till some condition is met in the subsequent lines
3>> then i come back to where i left and repeat 1(ideally i want to delete that line in inner loop where that condition is met, but even if it is not deleted, its OK)