*.csv to *.txt after adding columns

rusi rustompmody at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 03:44:44 EDT 2013

On Wednesday, September 18, 2013 7:12:21 AM UTC+5:30, Bryan Britten wrote:
> Hey, gang, I've got a problem here that I'm sure a handful of you will know how to solve. I've got about 6 *.csv files that I am trying to open; change the header names (to get rid of spaces); add two new columns, which are just the results of a string.split() command; drop the column I just split; and then finally export to *.txt files. Here's the code I'm using:

Its generally a good idea in programming to separate separable problems. Since you say:

> The issue I'm having is that the *.txt files I'm generating are empty. I
> assume some unraised error is being thrown, but I'm new to Python and am self
> taught, so I don't know where to look or how to troubleshoot.

> When I run the code on just one file and print the output instead of writing
> it, it looks exactly like what I'd want. So I'm at a loss for where the
> problem is.

you should probably write and have checked the code that handles one file. For example a function that takes as parameters the two: the input/output files (maybe names or handles), and then
- check that that function works for one file
- call it in your loop

[BTW your code seems to mixup the variable-names for file-names and handles]