scipy 11 and scipy 12

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Tue Sep 17 22:48:08 EDT 2013

On Tue, 17 Sep 2013 20:06:44 -0400, Susan Lubbers wrote:

> Our group is a python 2.7 which is installed in a shared area.  We have
> scipy 11 installed in site-packages.  How would I install scipy 12 so
> that I used the shared install of python but scipy 12 instead of 11?

If you are using Python 2.6 or better, you should be able to include the
option "--user" when installing Scipy using either pip or distutils. I
haven't tried these, but:

# using pip:
pip install --install-option="--user" scipy

If that fails, follow the advice given here to install from svn:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2213551/installing-scipy-with-pip

pip install --install-option="--user" git+http://github.com/scipy/scipy/

Otherwise, if you are installing from source using distutils, add the
--user option directly:

python setup.py install --user scipy

Does this help?

--