Weird ttk behaviour

Rotwang sg552 at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Sep 17 12:11:28 EDT 2013

On 17/09/2013 15:35, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 12:25 AM, Rotwang <sg552 at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
>> In fact, if I replace tkderp with this:
>>

>> # begin tkderp.py
>>
>> import tkinter as tk
>>
>> _root = tk.Tk()
>> _root.withdraw()
>>
>> # end tkderp.py
>>

>> then simply importing tkderp before tkderp2 is enough to make the latter
>> work properly
>
> Nice piece of detective work! Alas, I don't know tkinter well enough
> to help with the details, but this is exactly what I'd like to hear if
> I were trying to pick this up and debug it :)

I don't know tkinter well enough either, but the fact that it behaves
differently on Linux and Windows suggests to me that at least one
version is bugging out. Do you think this is worth raising on
bugs.python.org?

> Tkinter experts, anywhere? Where's Ranting Rick when you need him...

Last time I saw him was in this thread:

https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2013-June/650257.html