Weird ttk behaviour

Rotwang sg552 at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Sep 17 07:27:47 EDT 2013

On 16/09/2013 23:34, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 2:28 AM, Rotwang <sg552 at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
>> If I then uncomment those two lines, reload the module and call f() again
>> (by entering tkderp.reload(tkderp).f()), the function works like it was
>> supposed to in the first place: two warnings, no exceptions. I can reload
>> the module as many times as I like and f() will continue to work without any
>> problems.
>
> Reloading modules in Python is a bit messy. Are you able to tinker
> with it and make it work in some way without reloading? It'd be easier
> to figure out what's going on that way.

I can't think what else I could try, do you have any suggestions? The
problem first appeared in a much larger module (I was trying to replace
some tkinter widgets that looked bad on Linux with their ttk
equivalents); the only reason I noticed the thing about reloading is
that I was trying to reproduce the error in a short module by repeatedly
making changes and reloading.