statsmodels.api

Oscar Benjamin oscar.j.benjamin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 10:10:46 EDT 2013

On 17 September 2013 14:35, Josef Pktd <josef.pktd at gmail.com> wrote:
>> (As an aside, this is all much simpler if you're using Ubuntu or some
>> other Linux distro rather than Windows.)
>
> scientific python on a stick
>
> https://code.google.com/p/winpython/wiki/PackageIndex_33

Thanks, I've just installed that and I'll try it out later.

> I haven't seen any problems so far on python 3.3
> The statsmodels test suite passes without problems on python 3.3 also, as far as I remember.
> (and no problems using Windows. just use the right binaries.)

Well that's exactly my point. On a Linux distro you would have the
right binaries first time. No need to search through project webpages
or documentation, weigh up different installers, or download 750MB of
software that you mostly won't use. Similarly on a Linux distro it's a
lot easier to get all of the build tools set up to build these things
from source if you'd prefer.

Windows users are often dependent on inconsistent sources of binaries.
In this case I imagine that the OP installed numpy from sourceforge
since it has 3.3 binaries but it doesn't have the same for scipy at
which point googling would easily lead to Cristoph's page.

Oscar