statsmodels.api

Oscar Benjamin oscar.j.benjamin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 09:06:59 EDT 2013

On 17 September 2013 13:13, Davide Dalmasso <davide.dalmasso at gmail.com> wrote:

> You are right... there is a problem with scipy intallation because this error arise...

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<pyshell#3>", line 1, in <module>
>     from scipy.interpolate import interp1d
>   File "C:\Python33\lib\site-packages\scipy\interpolate\__init__.py", line 150, in <module>
>     from .interpolate import *
>   File "C:\Python33\lib\site-packages\scipy\interpolate\interpolate.py", line 12, in <module>
>     import scipy.special as spec
>   File "C:\Python33\lib\site-packages\scipy\special\__init__.py", line 529, in <module>
>     from ._ufuncs import *
> ImportError: DLL load failed: Impossibile trovare il modulo specificato.
>
> I tryed to re-install the scipy executable that I downloaded from http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/
> but the problem persists

There are potential compatibility problems with the binaries from
there as described at the top of the page. One thing is that you need
to use Christopher's own numpy build to go with scipy:
http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/#numpy
If you installed numpy from somewhere else then that could be your problem.

Essentially scipy isn't quite ported to Python 3.3 yet so my general
advice is to use Python 3.2 and to use the official numpy/scipy
binaries from sourceforge (they don't yet provide binaries for 3.3).

Alternatively an easier approach might be to use Python(x, y) (which
is free) or the Enthought Python Distribution (which is free for
academic users). These are distributions that bundle Python with
numpy/scipy and lots of other packages. I think they both still use
Python 2.7 though.

(As an aside, this is all much simpler if you're using Ubuntu or some
other Linux distro rather than Windows.)

Oscar