Tryign to send mail via a python script by using the local MTA

Ferrous Cranus nikos.gr33k at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 11:02:20 EDT 2013

Στις 16/9/2013 3:56 μμ, ο/η Antoon Pardon έγραψε:
> Op 16-09-13 14:11, Ferrous Cranus schreef:
>> Στις 16/9/2013 2:44 μμ, ο/η Heiko Wundram έγραψε:

>>> There is no way to do that, as the Received:-header which you complain
>>> about is inserted by Google mail servers.
>>
>> true.
>> Even if now i have stopped using Google's SMTP Server as a means for
>> sending out mails and i have decided to use my local MTA instead, at the
>> very moment Google's POP servers receive the mail they still add a
>> RECEIVE header revealing the hostname of the server that initiated the
>> contact. Correct?
>>
>> But even so, if we alter for example the hostname of our server to a
>> different name then wouldn't Google use that to identify the server thus
>> protecting the real identity(hostname that is) of the server that
>> initiated the connection?
>
> No, google will probably find out that the name your server identifies
> with, will not correspond with the IP address it is connected to and
> will write a receive line that will reflect that fact, using reverse
> DNS to report the real hostname of your computer.

We need to try it to see if it will work, or perhaps we can alter both
the hostname and ip address variables on the server to some other values
so that google will use them too.

It will not detect the real hostname or the real ip this way since both
values will be not true.