Tryign to send mail via a python script by using the local MTA

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 04:19:45 EDT 2013

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 6:12 PM, Antoon Pardon
<antoon.pardon at rece.vub.ac.be> wrote:
> Op 16-09-13 09:46, Chris Angelico schreef:
>> On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 5:29 PM, Antoon Pardon
>> <antoon.pardon at rece.vub.ac.be> wrote:
>>> instead of showing us all that you
>>> too can contribute in a careless manner?
>>
>> Also: It takes effort to contribute usefully in a way that looks
>> careless :) It's not saving effort, it's making a point.
>
> So what? The end result is still a contribution that looks like
> it was carelessly written.

It's a contribution that SAYS that it looks carelessly written. I
think most people here are intelligent enough to know that that's
different from actual carelessness.

> Do you think making a point is an end that justifies any kind of
> means? If not why do you argue in a way that suggest just that.
> If yes, does that mean baiting Nikos is all right if it makes
> a point, or responding somewhat obnoxious to him?

In a debate, you make points and counterpoints. In most debates, you
also gain (or lose) "points for style". Steven scored plenty of the
latter IMO. You're here making a straw-man and a false dichotomy; I
believe that "making a point" is sufficient justification for what
Steven and I did, but I don't think it justifies "any kind of means".
I would not, for instance, destroy Nikos's server, data, or access to
either, to make a point; and history will confirm this.

ChrisA