Stripping characters from windows clipboard with win32clipboard from excel

Dave Angel davea at davea.name
Wed Sep 18 19:51:57 EDT 2013

On 18/9/2013 17:40, Neil Hodgson wrote:

> Dave Angel:
>
>> So is the bug in Excel, in Windows, or in the Python library?  Somebody
>> is falling down on the job;  if Windows defines the string as ending at
>> the first null, then the Python interface should use that when defining
>> the text defined with CF_UNICODETEXT.
>
>     Everything is performing correctly. win32clipboard is low-level
> direct access to the Win32 clipboard API. A higher level API which is
> more easily used from Python could be defined on top of this if anyone
> was motivated.
>
>     Neil

Clearly you miss the point.  If the clipboard API is defined to return a
null-terminated string, then the problem is in the Python library which
doesn't do a strlen() (or the wide-character equivalent;  I forget its
name) on the results.

But there's a big if there.  Somebody is either ill specified or poorly
implemented here.

--
DaveA