Stripping characters from windows clipboard with win32clipboard from excel

random832 at fastmail.us random832 at fastmail.us
Thu Sep 19 10:39:27 EDT 2013

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013, at 16:13, Dave Angel wrote:
> So is the bug in Excel, in Windows, or in the Python library?  Somebody
> is falling down on the job;  if Windows defines the string as ending at
> the first null, then the Python interface should use that when defining
> the text defined with CF_UNICODETEXT.
>
> Or maybe it's an example of ill-defined Windows specs.

I think it's a matter of ill-defined windows specs - the clipboard data
has an exact size, and in principle that size is always used, for
example, for numerous binary formats. But the text clipboard has often
been treated as a C string by a wide variety of different applications,
so one could argue that has become a de facto standard.