Expected an indented block

John Gordon gordon at panix.com
Thu Sep 12 11:57:19 EDT 2013

In <eba80aa0-d13d-45ca-ba5e-f0006d7721e3 at googlegroups.com> altugozgercek at gmail.com writes:

> Hey guys ! its my first topic and I'm gonna start with a problem :) Im
> totally beginner in Python and each time I try to run this program it
> gives me the error down below:

> http://imgur.com/ufUAMTs

That error involves the previous program line, which your screenshot
doesn't show, so it's hard to say exactly what the problem is.

However, I'll take a guess that the previous line is an "if" statement,
which requires that the following line be indented.  Did you indent the
print statement?

This error can also be caused by using a mix of tabs and spaces on the
same line.  Don't do that.

(And by the way, it's generally better to post errors and code as text
instead of a screenshot.)

--
John Gordon                   A is for Amy, who fell down the stairs
gordon at panix.com              B is for Basil, assaulted by bears