global variable across modules

chandan kumar chandan_psr at yahoo.co.in
Wed Sep 11 08:50:30 EDT 2013

Hi ,

I'm trying to understand using global variable across different modules.Here is what i have tried so far without much success.Please ignore any indentation issue  in the below code.

Filename:Test1.py

Debug_Value = " "

import Test2

def globalValmethod():
    global Debug_Value
    Debug_Value =10
    Test2.globalValTest()

globalValmethod() -----Execute the method

Filename:Test2.py

import Test1
from Test1 import *

def globalValTest()
    print "Golabal Value" Debug_Value

In Test2.py file I wanted to print the global value ,Debug_Value as 10.I'm not getting expected result.Please can any one point where exactly i'm doing wrong.

Similarly , how can i use global variable  inside a class and use the same value of global variable in different class?Is that possible?if Yes please give me some pointers on implementing.

Best Regards,
Chandan