Language design

Mark Janssen dreamingforward at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 20:34:42 EDT 2013

>> Why is this so difficult?
>> Add a Graph class to the collections module (networkx is quite good)
>> and simply check for circular imports.
>
> Er? That doesn't address the task of importing a module from a source
> code file given its path on the filesystem.

That's true, I guess was hooked on Python's abstraction mechanism for
making the file system invisible.  But I like the idea of programming
*relative* path addressing, so you can create a sort of "name space"
for your modules.  So instead of "import /path/to/file.py" which makes
a system dependency (i.e. *yours*), you could have "import
TestPackage.collections.bag" (using periods for file path separators
in keeping with the Pythonic Way).

--
MarkJ
Tacoma, Washington