Can I trust downloading Python?

Wolfgang Keller feliphil at gmx.net
Tue Sep 10 12:20:48 EDT 2013

> Every time you go on the Internet, you download other people's code
> and execute it. Javascript, Flash, HTML5, PDF are all either
> executable, or they include executable components.

That's why I deactivate all of these by default. And why I *hate*
so-called "web designers" who *require* activation of such fancy flashy
nonsense gadgets.

PDF files are an exception since PDF was originally designed as a
"safe" subset of Postscript (postscript viruses had been demonstrated).
Now Adobe has jeopardized this by allowing embedding of Javascript in
PDF files (but that as well is deactivated by default for me).

Sincerely,

Wolfgang