Newbie question related to Boolean in Python

skwyang93 at gmail.com skwyang93 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 16:08:24 EDT 2013

1.      bear_moved = False
2.
3.      while True:
4.        next = raw_input("> ")
5.
6.        if next == "take honey":
7.            dead("The bear looks at you then slaps your face off.")
8.        elif next == "taunt bear" and not bear_moved:
9.            print "The bear has moved from the door. You can go through."
10.
11.            bear_moved = True
12.	 elif next == "taunt bear" and bear_moved:
13.	     dead("The bear gets pissed off and chews your leg off.")
14.	 elif next == "open door" and bear_moved:
15.	    gold_room()
16.	 else:
17.	     print "I got no idea what that means.

# This is just to show my understanding of Boolean. In line 8-9, if my input is "taunt bear", the result is true and true, which will continue the loop.

# So what confused me is line 12-13. if my input is taunt bear, is it suppose to be taunt bear == "taunt bear" and bear_moved which is true and true? which means the loop will continue instead of cancelling it.

Thanks in advance for spending your time to answer my question.
Source: Learnpythonthehardway